It’s been a while since a took part in a sketch challenge so I thought I’d rectify that today!
If you haven’t tried a colour or sketch challenge, I highly recommend them! They help to focus the brain, if you have a typical Crafter’s Brain like me you’ll currently have around 200 hundred project ideas swimming around! It’s great to focus on just one at a time and make something pretty 🙂 it will also prevent you from feeling overwhelmed and is great for Crafter’s Block.
I’m playing along with CAS colours and sketches
Those clean lines make me very happy.
Here’s what I did with the sketch:
You may not recognise the cute kangaroo with her adorable koala friend: that’s because it’s from a brand new stamp set! But don’t worry, you can order your own from 1 June. If you’d like to get your hands on the new products before then AND shop with a discount – join my team today!
The list of everything else I used is a little further down.
- Old Olive card base – Cut A4 on the short side at 10.5cm and score at 14.cm
- Powder pink Layer 12.9x8cm use foam strips to adhere to card base.
- 2 pieces Myths and Magic Specialty Washi Tape 12cm each plus additional piece for the insert. (retiring 31 May!)
- Whisper white insert 14.4 x 10cm
- Old Olive scrap cut with Layering Circle Framelit die
- Water Colour card cut with Stitched Framelit die
- The image was stamped in Versamark and heat embossed silver – I then coloured the image with Watercolor Pencils and blended with blender pens.The greeting was also heat embossed.
- Add a strip of snail to the Powder Pink layer and adhere the Silver Metallic Thread to it. I find it useful to just wrap some around my fingers to get the ‘shape’ don’t over think it though – it’s meant to be messy!
Don’t forget to add the code for extra rewards when you shop online with me.