Card making tutorial using Santoro Gorjuss Poppy Wood stamp.
Hello crafty friends
Today I’m sharing a card made with Santoro Gorjuss Poppy wood stamp to commemorate all of our service men and women that fought to give us the freedom we have today and those still doing so today. This is a BIG thank you from me.
I have only just recently discovered Santoro Gorjuss Stamps and my collection only has 2 in it but that is going to change pretty quickly I think! Be sure to like out for more cards!
Her little face is SO cute and the image is a pleasure to colour in with my markers. The colours I used are all listed under ‘Stamping and colouring instructons’ just a little further down. Each TriBlend pen has 3 shades of the same colour making it super easy to get a beautiful blended result.
Let’s Make the card!
- Grab a piece of white card and line the long side up on your paper trimmer and cut at 14.9 cm. Keep the card on the same side and score in half at 7.5cm. You now have a slim fold card. 🙂
- Cut another white piece at 5 x 7.5cm this is the piece you’ll stamp your image into.
- Cut a piece of red card, mine is Cherry Cobbler from Stampin’ Up! 5.5 x 8cm
Stamping and Colouring Instructions
- Stamp your image and colour in TriBlend Markers. The colours are listed in order below so that the guess work has been taken out for you.
- Face: Fair Skin Blend & Pale Pink Blend
- Hair: Earth Brown Blend
- Dress, stripes on tights and poppies: Dark Red Blend
- Tights, collar and outline: Ice Grey Blend
Heat embossing instructions
- Grab a heat tool and a piece of copier paper.
- Take your slimfold card base and an anti static bag to go over the area your sentiment will be stamped on. This will remove any oil or particles that the embossing powder could stick to.
- Ink the ‘from the bottom of my heart’ sentiment using Versamark ink pad
- with the copier paper under your card, tip the embossing powder onto the stamped image. Tip the rest of the powder onto folded piece of copier paper and put back in the jar. I used Brutus Monroe Powder in Sterling.
- Switch your heat tool on and allow to heat up before you emboss your image. This simple step will help to give a great result and prevent the powder from being over heated.
Time to assemble
- Glue the red card on first then the stamped panel at a slight angle. When making cards is useful to check you’re happy with the placement before you glue it down.
- Punch 3 small hearts from Craft Perfect Cards and add to the card with 3d foam. You will probably need to cut it up like I did! Add some red jewels and you’re done!
Thanks for stopping by!
Here’s how to grab the file that I used for today’s project.
From Your Canvas in Cricut Design Space type New Home in the search bar. (Check out all those categories 🙂 )